Sunday, August 17, 2008
More Crafting With Kids (and Adults)
Now that you're inspired to start planning craft projects for those long winter days ahead I'd like to introduce you to Arts & Scraps! Arts & Scraps is a non-profit organization that is committed to recycling and reusing manufacturing waste and household products into craft supplies. You can find containers, fabrics, foam, tile, paint, cork, wax and more at their Resource Center. You can also take advantage of their special program such as birthday parties both in store or at your home. In fact, the resources offered by this organization are nearly endless!

Another Detroit crafting gem is the Miner's Den. They are a great place to shop if jewelry making is your craft of choice. They offer jewelry design, stone cutting, supplies and classes to help you create breathtaking pieces. They also offer a number of great events and freebies. Like FREE watch batteries. That's right, the batteries are FREE! They ask that you give a charitable donation, but it's not required.

And last, but not least is Munro Wholesale Crafts. Munro is mainly a jewelry making supply store, but they carry a little bit of everything. I've come away with everything from beads to doll making supplies to wax for candles. They offer classes in a wide variety of jewelry projects several times a week. They also offer discounts to business owners when you bring your tax ID with you. This is the kind of store you can spend an afternoon poking around and still not discover all they have to offer. I recommend a visit even if you aren't a jewelry maker. I'm not and they're still one of my favorite stores!

Labels: ,

posted by Michelle at Bargains 4 Detroit & Beyond @ 12:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 



Links

Contact Me

Discover your baby with Sign Language

Local Resources

Events

Detroit Parenting

Michigan Blogroll

Attractions

Library Links

Free Admission Programs

Resident Resources

Savvy Shopping

What you should know

Coupon sites

Freebie Sites


For Fun

Free Clubs


Activities


www.theCrayolaStore.com
 
Subscribe to Bargains 4 Metro Detroit (and beyond) by Email
About Me

Name: Michelle at Bargains 4 Detroit & Beyond
Home: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States
About Me: I'm a first time mom and a life long bargain shopper. I live for the thrill of the clearance rack, I get giddy at the thought of multiple discounts, I love to watch my total go down as my coupons are added up! I cover a little bit of everything for the family from events and attractions to groceries and toys. I'm always looking out for ways to entertain, feed and clothe my family without breaking the bank.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Freebies

Get more free samples

Tags
Other Things




And More For You

Custom Search
Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER